• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Accepted Sith Conquest Point

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Augustus

Suggestion Title: Moving the Sith Conquest Point on Korriban (Or even the Jedi One)

Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In-Game

A Brief Description: The current position of the Sith Conquest Point in comparison to the Jedi Point is much easier to capture - There are various spots, corners and vantage points you can take to capture it. On the other hand, the Jedi Conquest gives much less to offer, you can put yourself against the bookshelves but that's just about it unless you organise everyone into a perfect formation (which is easily susceptible to being broken by force corruption and destruction). My suggestion is for 2 possibilities, the first being the Sith conquest point being moved to an area of equal difficulty or secondly, the Jedi point being moved to an area that fits the difficulty of the Sith point. I generally believe this is the case as I've played on both sides, when it comes to assessing both sides, the Sith is overall at a great disadvantage since Jedi simply have to move to key points unlike Sith, who have to fight from all sides.

How it benefits the server: Raids will be more balanced - Both sides will have a fair chance at capturing each other's points. This will make raiding on each side just as enjoyable as the other.

Coding or rules: No coding needed, just need to either 1) Move the Sith Conquest point to a new location or 2) Change the Jedi Conquest point to an area that's harder to defend (an area with points that Sith can also use) - The second seems better since it would enable more planning within both factions rather than a simple battle.

Maxium

Gold VIP
I like the Idea but I have a few issues with it.

1. Where would the Sith capture point move to on Korriban to have equal difficulty towards the Jedi one
2. Where would the Jedi move their capture point to be more simplistic like the Siths.

Maxium

Sheppard

Administrator
Staff member
+1

Even movingthe point a bit towards the DB entrence would make it a lot more Fair, because Jedi can’t stand on the ledge and capture at the same time.

Morgoroth

Gold VIP
+1
I believe this is a balancing issue, that is much like the request to remove the laser doors (Found here: https://genesisservers.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/remove-the-jedi-holocron-vault-laser-doors.419/ ).

I agree with this, and that in general balancing across the board should be looked at.
Currently there are such issues as:
*The travel distance to teleport stations, where sith currently has an unfair advantage over the jedi.
*Laser doors on Tython
*Abuseable situations in the mapdesign, such as the placements of the Sith shield.

Shadows

+1
Its way to easy for the jedi to cap our point and very hard to cap the jedis point its unfair

Quindan

Senior Administrator
Staff member
-1 , In my opinion it’s hard enough to get the CP as it is with the amount of corruption spam, if anything the Jedi CP is un defendable if enough people have force corruption too.
Both sides have their pros and cons and things like these only seem to come up when either side loses

Augustus

-1 , In my opinion it’s hard enough to get the CP as it is with the amount of corruption spam, if anything the Jedi CP is un defendable if enough people have force corruption too.
Both sides have their pros and cons and things like these only seem to come up when either side loses
Sith Conquest point gives multiple positions that stop various people being hit with corruption at the same time. On the otherhand, the Jedi conquest point does not give this option, meaning that when you go into corruption, you're likely to hit everyone on the point. There's no position to take, you just have to tank it <_<

VorteXx

Senior Administrator
Staff member
-1 Most of the time Jedi barely get the point because of Jedi numbers. Even when we stand on the ledge just jump up and heavy its not hard to counter. With the Jedi point if Sith would stay on the point and not run around the point Sith would capture it a lot more. But from what i see most of the DC put +1 because of the raids the Jedi have done in the past few days. With JC they put -1 because of how raids a are going and i does kinda look like if something doesn't go ur way someone makes a post about it. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Baldwin

-1 I understand your point but if we were going to look in details what's fair and not then we could also talk about the DC teleporter. We have much further than You guys have for lootdrops. So in some aspects we have advantages and in others You Guys have advantages.

Rex

Beyblade God
Staff member
Advisor
As far as I'm aware Neo has already/ is going to move this so I'll put this in implemented suggestions.