• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Reverting back max XP limit

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexa

Senior Administrator
Suggestion Title: Reverting back max XP limit
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In-Game
A Brief Description: Reverting back the XP limit to 3,9 million.
How it benefits the server: I feel like the current one is too long and it doesn't feel like you make any progress. I feel like the old XP limit was perfect for JvS, it took alot of time and dedication to farm and when you had farmed for hours it felt like you had made good progress for the hours you put in, now it feels like you can farm for hours and not make any progress.
Coding or rules: coding

I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way.
Let me know if you agree or disagree.

Tommy

+1
It is nice to farm again, however, I don't think people want to join back and farm for weeks to then get lvl 124. A lot of people would prefer to get highish level and start dueling again. If not returned to normal maybe reduce from 2.5x increase to a 1.5x increase. This way it is up by a bit but not crazy high.
However, I do feel after prestiging the xp required should go up, this way it makes it harder to prestige and hopefully reduce the amount of prestige 10 players.
Perhaps after reaching prestige 3 the xp required is 2x as much then once you are prestige 7 it is 3x as hard.
I have also seen in some games that to get the highest level you are forced to get all your xp again. Maybe make it so once you have reached prestige 9, you are forced to get all the xp that you have acquired from prestige 0-9. This would make prestige 10 a very respectable thing and reduce the amount of people with prestige 10 characters.

Rabbit

I know it’s annoying to level up but it means that there won’t be a serious disadvantage with newer players as everyone won’t be really high level.

James

Genesis Rookie
Gold VIP
Yeh, +1.
It takes legit a day just to get to like lvl 50.

Baldwin

+1
I feel like it's a bit too much xp for max level. I understand the idea that people should get a prestige each day, but there were also people that couldn't get max level in half a year with the old xp rates.

Fred

Gold VIP
I must say that this is a pro move since the new players are a little bit discouraged from going out of the temple since they can't get a farming spot without the people who grinded all night stealing it from them. +1

Karrkalos

i think it could still work with the current system, but it feels like, theres not alot of farmables and when we have lvl 40+ smacking starter planets mobs, and theres like 4 of them it gets hard for new players to farm, like more opportunity to farm imo is what is lacking

danny

Venezuelan Man
the fact that its 2x exp right now and i still want to kill myself is saying something. maybe less than 9m total, it's not bad for long term but i am neutral on this

Orron

Senior Administrator
+1 This would definitely be awesome to see.

Randall

Administrator
Silver VIP
+1 Having the XP go back to the way it used to be will be much better in my eyes. With the double xp it was already seeming pretty hard to get to max level, but still achievable. However with the XP being reverted back the grind is so hellish, and although I love grinding it was in my eyes a bad decision. I believe how it is currently we may begin to lose players, and newer players will lose interest in playing as they don't want to grind 62 hours straight with no boosts to get to max level. (This is based off of math I did yesterday of doing Pirate rotations on Dxun at max efficiency with no deaths. So I.E Minimum Time Requirement)

Augustus

+1

New players shouldn't be worrying about fighting 124s, they should be worrying about not even being able to even get to level 50 for over a week unless they sacrifice an insane amount of their time. People are going to hit 124 no matter the xp bar eventually, it's just a matter of whether they will fill dead inside by then haha

My suggestion: just add a daily xp limit if you really don't want people to grind a prestige each day

Stoniest

king of the stones
Owner
Founder
I will be re-balancing XP rates, mainly increasing them, such as bosses, AFK methods and other means of XP gain.
Obviously compared to before, some of the bosses are way harder then they used too be (like Reaper) and have XP gain representative of their difficulty.

The Old system that was used was far too easy to level, yes it did feel rewarding, because you would get mad level if you really grinded it, even at higher levels (100+) you could easily still level, which isn't a great thing in the terms of balance, it should take a bit of time and dedication to get up those higher levels, some RP's take a few days to go up one level (I know it is Gmod).
Like I had a message from someone complaining going "It took me a hour and a half to level", which is ridiculous the complain about.
So yes, XP rates are being increased, while also remembering that double xp can be turned on for special events. So do not worry, XP gains will be altered for the better.

-Closed due to fixes already being put in place to speed up level for the later parts. I guess this is half accepted and half Denied.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.