• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Accepted Nerfing the jetpack

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mana

T-Moderator
I know troopers is a very controversial topic when it comes to balance, but I'll start by saying I think they're at there best balance point so far. I believe that's because (with the exception of jetpack troopers) although they're able to attack from a longer range and do lots of damage with a variety of attacks, once a jedi/sith gets on top of them they're quite quick to kill, and importantly, they struggle to escape - leading to a glass cannon style of play. However in the case of jetpack troopers they do not struggle to escape, as they can fly half the map away as soon as you get on top of them. This leads to jedi/sith being forced into getting force powers (e.g lightning strike) to combat jetpack troopers which negatively impacts duelling damage, health etc. Although this skill point impact can be weathered by max level characters, lower levels simply can't afford it, meaning they will significantly struggle to counter jet troopers. I think the jet trooper is a cool build so I don't want to see it struck down, however to adjust for the above imbalance, I am making the following suggestion:

Suggestion Title: Nerfing jetpack troopers

Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In-game

A Brief Description:
The jetpack perk would now come with a debuff of a reduction in health and removal of armour. The impact on health would be minor e.g -50hp however removing armour would reduce jet troopers to a 2-4 hit kill for a high level jedi/sith depending on the level of the trooper. This would allow jet troopers to still use their mobility to escape, however it would lead to a much more balanced system as if they come into close contact with a jedi/sith they will likely die so they'll need to escape fast. The debuff would also make RP logic as a trooper who is flying around would not be able to carry a large amount of armour due to its weight, and as we can see in star wars content, jet troopers are potent but also easily killed. The -50hp represents the risk posed by carrying a massive tank of jetpack fuel on your back.

How it benefits the server:
This change would fix the imbalance stated in the paragraph at the top, allowing for a much more level playing field between troopers and jedi/sith - especially at lower levels.

Coding or rules:
Coding

Nautix

Genesis Novice
Silver VIP
The day someone doesn't cry about something to do with troopers will be a happy day. The jetpack still has its infinite bug leading to cross-map flight (something that defo needs fixing).

But how about this a nice counter suggestion

Nerf long roll's:

Long roll's negatively affect all forms of combat, from inq/sent capturing missions and assassination missions to just simple fighting between factions on planets. Whatever the scenario a combat roll will save you from it. Combat roll's launch you at mach 12 across the fucking map and honestly should fracture every bone in your body and kill you at speeds like that but that point aside. Usually, jedi and sith are fun to fight and with the right build can die quite easily but with a long roll they can escape combat very easily and just run away till combat timer is up and heal or kill to avoid combat already. "This leads to jedi/sith being forced into getting force powers (e.g lightning strike) to combat long rollers which negatively impacts duelling damage, health etc. Although this skill point impact can be weathered by max level characters, lower levels simply can't afford it, meaning they will significantly struggle to counter long rollers."

My suggestion is give a debuff to the player like slowness or a reduction in health after the extreme speeds they were just subjected to and probably the numerous fractures in their legs from the jump. This wouldn't take away from normal combat and allow people to use their normal force jump abilities to try and escape but would limit people from escaping combat at the flick of a wrist.

In my opinion jedi and sith and super overpower their weapons and mobility are extreme and can easily 2-4 hit some people. Not to mention the damage output on bosses. They need a serious nerf.

Now just to post something like this in ooc and on the forums everyday for the next year.

Troopers are nerfed to shit already if anything we need a buff not another fucking nerf.

Merrick

I agree with what both have said above. Something def needs to be done about that infinite jet pack bs cause it's cracked but it has to even out the Troopers. Can't just take everything away because of a bugged ability. šŸ¤

Denis

Genesis Rookie
Senior Moderator
In my opinion the Jetpack should just be removed all together or Troopers should get a complete rework instead of just a slight buff or nerf, every issue surrounding troopers should be documented prior to the rework so that a solution can be found which pleases both Trooper and Saber users.