• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Make an Ecumenopolis Planet

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJGT

Suggestion Title: Make an Ecumenopolis Planet
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.):
In-Game
A Brief Description:
An Ecumenopolis is a City world, like Coruscant, Correllia, Nar Shaddaa, Taris etc. This would grant players with a much wider variety of environment when it comes to contrast with the rest of the worlds available. Due to the emphasis on Skyscrapers and so on, you could get away with making the actual area smaller than the other areas that represent the other planets, as I personally feel that some planets do feel a bit too big, and in this case, would emphasise RP for one, and close quarters lightsaber combat for another. Due to the wide variety of content available within Star Wars Canon and Legends about Ecumenopoli, I feel as though the number of assets available to map makers when it comes to reference material should be quite sufficient.
How it benefits the server:
Adds a different sort of planet and variety to both gameplay and RP, with the potential addition of civilian jobs so that people could just hang around on the Planet as normal people. I further feel as though a planet of this sort on the JvS format would set this server apart from others, more so than it already has.
Coding or rules:
Coding

DanteSleyer

I think this is a really good idea as i think it would bring alot of spice and flavour to an already thriving server

Fred

Boys ya gotta add +1 so we don't have to read through your entire comment. Like this +1. I approve of this idea as well.

VorteXx

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if we have enough room in the map for a planet like that. We do have some room on mos this stuff so maybe so could change so atm its a = from me

DJGT

I'm not sure if we have enough room in the map for a planet like that. We do have some room on mos this stuff so maybe so could change so atm its a = from me
I feel as though due to the fact that these planets are mainly comprised of skyscrapers and the like, you could get away with making the width and length of the planet quite dense, and then just make all the skyscrapers tall, or alternatively you could do the coruscanti underworld and so forth. I just feel as though if enough people were to see this idea, then we could gauge what the community would be interested in from this concept.

Denis

Any reason as to why this is the case, Denis?
Yeah, server probably couldn’t handle another planet and even if it could it would still place more strain on the server, you’d also have to add entities and/or Mobs to the planet so imo its not worth it when server performance is struggling as it is.

Sim

dunno if this statement still stands but they said once that the map maker used 99% of Gmod allowed map making space or whatever and can't fit anything else big