• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

[DENIED] Rendering resolutions and things

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeusAKADelta

Suggestion Title: Functions for resolution changes
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In-Game
A Brief Description: So basically this only would apply to weirdos like me who have to change their game resolution every time they open gmod and sometimes forget to change it before getting in game causing all the Vgui garbage to be in the wrong places. Essentially whenever a client would change their resolution the server would then call all of the functions in order to draw the hud along with all derma's.
How it benefits the server: QOL for people who are weirdos like me (Also dan pls optimize client garbage for the shop, frame:GetWide()-(frame:GetWide()*0.5) is the same as frame:GetWide()*.5)
Coding or rules: Coding

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Hey,
I can see how this can be an issue having been someone who had to do this myself some time ago.
A temporary fix for this could be using you launch parameters (Goto Steam Library -> Right Click Garry's Mod -> Go to Properties -> "Set Launch Options) In order to set this for you, using -w "resolution for width" and -h "resolution for height" (Without the Quotes).

Derpes

Chief Creative Director
Staff member
Chief Creative Director
Chief Executive Officer
Firstly, you just pretty much admitively said you have lua stolen client files to see how we build our shop with derma. You could of asked me as I am always open to help people learning Lua. Most of that sizing code is because most of my UI is copy and pasted from my UI base, and tbh I am not focused much on changing it for something so small and uneffective when I could be putting the time into making cool features that people want to see.

Secondly, it isn't unoptimized at all. It is called pretty much instantly either way, the reason the shop has a slight bit of stutter is loading the mass amount of icons, which are attemptedly precached regardless to prevent this.

And resolution changes on Garry's Mod always mess with UI, regardless of how accurate it is based on screen width and height;- other than the icon sizes, but try sizing up an icon past 60x60 pixels and you will see why I resulted to setting the icons as a fixed size.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.