• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

[DENIED] Remove Troopers

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin

Staff member
Suggestion Title: Remove Troopers
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In Game
A Brief Description: Its a Jedi Vs Sith server Not Jedi Vs Sith + Troopers
How it benefits the server: Less cancer
Coding or rules:
coding

James

Administrator
Staff member
honestly, I see no point in them. just have subfaction troopers instead of a full faction based about them. +1

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Trooper's are a valuable addition and something that some players prefer playing to force users, it might be a Jedi Vs Sith server, but that doesn't mean we can't have a twist on things, troopers are good for that.

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
honestly, I see no point in them. just have subfaction troopers instead of a full faction based about them. +1
We had a Hutt Cartel once, it no longer exists, I doubt they'd create a full faction of troopers again.

TAZ

Senior Administrator
Staff member
We had a Hutt Cartel once, it no longer exists, I doubt they'd create a full faction of troopers again.
He means something that I have mentioned a few times, instead of a whole trooper subfaction, troopers could just be a job for each subfaction such as sentinel trooper, guardian trooper etc

Doom

Staff member
then why are you a trooper and witout troopers it will only be people running around screaming with Sabers and force powers troopers add another way to play the game and give players more options

Krogh

3rd best duellers on the server
Staff member
imo we just remove troopers and add the hutt cartel back!
+1

Krogh

3rd best duellers on the server
Staff member
- We have also had an extreme increase in playercount, which could lead to a 3rd faction

Bakka

-1 because troopers bring a hole new/fun experience on jedi v sith. some people prefer playing as a trooper than a jedi or sith. First of all not all of us are ''insane bro'' at dueling and some people prefer the easy route at becoming a trooper.

Nautix

First off this is a big -1 from me
Troopers are a part of the jedi and sith armies so while it is jedi vs sith troopers are still included in that description, without them most if not all of the events of star wars would not of happened. Secondly no offense Jin but this seems like more of a retaliation because you got killed by one, you simple say "less cancer" and dont even bother to describe the issue at hand. Asking is for troopers to be removed is all well and good if theres a valid reason but because you died to them a few times and think its cancer is a pretty shit reason. There is no reason for troopers to be removed as a sub faction or removed entirely as there is no issue with troopers. The issue at hand is troopers have started to become a thing again and no one has training against them. I know for a fact troopers are actually very easy to kill if you spend a bit of time against them and learn how to fight them, we are not jedi do not fight us like jedi. If both sith and jedi took the time to learn to fight against troopers then this wouldn't be an issue at all. Another issue is the balancing of players, theres a lot more sith compared to jedi so of course you will get killed when you go to another planet because there just isnt enough jedi there to support you, this doesnt mean troopers are aids or cancer this means you need to stop running into groups of sith solo and expecting to win.

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
He means something that I have mentioned a few times, instead of a whole trooper subfaction, troopers could just be a job for each subfaction such as sentinel trooper, guardian trooper etc
But then, troopers aren't what they should be, troopers are supposed to be a "boots on the ground" type sub-faction, they shouldn't be tied to other subfactions and purely have the job of guarding the temple like temple guards or studying the force etc.

Lotus_child97

Trial-Moderator
Staff member
T-Moderator
I disagree. Sith outnumber Jedi the majority of the time. During the old Republic the troopers were a key part of the Republic. Its kinda like having a clone Wars with no clones. Yeah our hotboxes are fucked but we bring more glance to the gane

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
I disagree. Sith outnumber Jedi the majority of the time. During the old Republic the troopers were a key part of the Republic. Its kinda like having a clone Wars with no clones. Yeah our hotboxes are fucked but we bring more glance to the gane
It's not even that hitboxes are bad, troopers just adapt to the ways that they can not get hit, i.e backhopping and noone knows how to counter that even though it's fairly easy to do.

James

Administrator
Staff member
Taz idea wouldn’t even remove troopers, it’s would a actually give them more of a role.
Inquisitor trooper
Sentinel trooper
And more. Instead of having a faction based on them have subfactions. The 3rd faction is just pointlesss, add something more interesting for the 3rd faction instead of trooper some who have nothing to do except shoot shit

Nautix

Taz idea wouldn’t even remove troopers, it’s would a actually give them more of a role.
Inquisitor trooper
Sentinel trooper
And more. Instead of having a faction based on them have subfactions. The 3rd faction is just pointless, add something more interesting for the 3rd faction instead of trooper some who have nothing to do except shoot shit
Not really pointless, troopers provide support in the field james thats why jedi are so salty and thats why jin created this thread, we go and control a planet so that the rest of the sith may use the planet freely, if you want a useless faction look at royal guard they stand at a door. You can make an argument saying any of the sub-factions is useless when in reality they all play parts in the greater game and help the RP experience feel more complete. There is no need for troopers to be removed or changed at all, the only thing that needs changing is the jedi's toxicity towards us and the fact they actually need training now as troopers are back and in full swing.

ArcZelf

I'm not bothered whether troopers are removed or not.

There are positives and negatives to troopers being on the server they have their ways of fitting in. I'm neutral on their removal, but we shouldn't be removing them for the reason of "less cancerous" that just looks bad , instead provide a detailed reason so others recognise this and take the thread seriously.

William

L-Administrator
Staff member
-1 The troopers are very important to the sith and the jedi they are needed

Jin

Staff member
@Neo Cuz they aint supposed to kill max level jedi + the hitboxs are dodgey most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.