• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

[DENIED]Redefine Gambling/Scamming

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephtis

Suggestion Title:
Redefine Gambling/Scamming
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.):
In-game
A Brief Description:
Disconnecting after losing a gamble or refusing to pay a bet isn't currently classified as scamming. A player could win multiple gambles in a row, then disconnect/leave once they lose without playing. I think that we should expand the gambling rules/guidelines to cover this. Once you trade money in any capacity (One person pays, items traded as a result, etc) and you agree to continue gambling, you cannot disconnect/leave due to losing your winning streak.
Example:

Player A: Hey, wanna gamble for 100,000?
Player B: Sure!
Player B Wins the Roll and Player A Pays Player B
Player A: Ah, Double or nothing?
Player B: Sure!

Player B loses the roll and disconnects, leaving Player A with a negative experience and -100,000
How it benefits the server:
The current system gives honest players/traders no way to punish or hold these people accountable, It encourages people to cheat each other. This leads to OOC issues/resentment, and causes more drama.
Coding or rules:

Rules.

BenH

Developer
Staff member
Stuff like this is at your own risk unless they add a an actual gambling tab through f4

Sephtis

Stuff like this is at your own risk unless they add a an actual gambling tab through f4
I'm aware, but the point I'm trying to make is that once something of value is traded; You shouldn't be allowed to back out with your previous winnings once you lose.
This could be added to a gambling "tab", but why divert developer resources away from other projects when we could just modify the rules?

BenH

Developer
Staff member
Divert developers atm there isn’t anything happening and this could be made as a separate system only to be added to the f4 config which is easy enough

Rex

Beyblade God
Staff member
Server Director
I've added two rules so far in regards to gambling and in the future a more new-player-proof system could be added by code but that would be in the near future. For now we have to use rules.

BenH

Developer
Staff member
Just add it as a coin clip system as it works the same as /roll more or less

Sephtis

The whole point of the suggestion was to edit the rules to prevent people from gambling only when they win, then backing out and scamming. A coinflip system would be cool, but based on previous suggestions that were accepted; The developers have other projects that they're working on.

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Gambling isn't massively regulated apart from the two listed rules.
As a result of this, it's down to you to decide how much you trust the person and to do the bets and such at your own risk.

Sephtis

Gambling isn't massively regulated apart from the two listed rules.
As a result of this, it's down to you to decide how much you trust the person and to do the bets and such at your own risk.
I am aware, and am trying to say that shouldn't be the case.
You would expect the Emperor's voice and Senior admin Dogma to honor bets, But even he refused to pay his loss after his winning streak ended.
The new rules promote just gambling, getting your prizes, doubling up then not paying once you finally lose.

Money has already traded hands in the scenario I've described, It's more than a verbal agreement at this point.

Neo

Executive Officer
Staff member
We have no hold over your choice to gamble your credits away, we are a third party.

""As a general rule, the minimum legal age for gambling in the UK is 18 years old.""

I doubt half the people who gamble are of that age and are responsible people. If you get scammed or some shit don't complain to us as you shouldn't be gambling in the first place.

~Neo

Neo

Executive Officer
Staff member
Suggestion Denied

Not locking unless people want to keep talking.

Sim

I mean you can’t buy credits with real money so it’s not really illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.