• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Accepted Crafting & Alchemy Systems

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dion

Debate World Champion
Community Manager
Suggestion Title: Crafting and Alchemy Systems
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): Server
A Brief Description: Basically, one system (Crafting) with the possibility to add more sub-systems and one sub-system (Alchemy) which is used through Crafting.
How it benefits the server: As I said above, a Crafting system has the possibility to be fleshed out to include other sub systems that will increase the content tenfold. I'm also suggesting Alchemy to be added as the first possbile sub-system of Crafting which in short will allow for a more in-depth combat, levelling and trading experience.
Coding or rules: Coding

Now, as I feel like this is far too big of a suggestion to lay out in a few questions on a template, I've written out a comprehensive plan below which hopefully could make implementation easier if accepted.

Crafting
Essentialy, my idea for Crafting is in a similar vein to minecraft. Now does this mean I want Iron ore added to the server? No, of course not. I only mean the basic UI and system of entering items into tiles to create a product. I believe a 3x2 set of tiles would be enough but potentially going all the way to 3x3 in future for more advanced recipes would be fine as well. I'll explain the process I imagine, a user finds a crafting station on their home planet or wherever it is placed, they press E and it opens the UI, here they can see their inventory on one side and the Crafting section on the other, users then can right click and transfer their items onto the table and into the tiles and if they correspond with a recipe, clicking craft will use those items up and output the crafted item.

1607442569206.png

Alchemy
This is where the bulk of my suggestion is going to come from, Alchemy is essentially a system that uses crafting to create differrent potions that give different buffs. Each potion has 3 tiers that that become progessively harder to make, but yield greater rewards. I believe Alchemy can be balanced in a way that allows users to different pathways to reach their end goals. I'm going to provide possible recipes, stats for possible potions that could be implemented, I'll do my best to balance these potions as well as include a variety so the system isn't a gimmick. Also to save some time it would be easier to have the models of the potions as the hl2 can ( ), these cans can then be coloured to show what type of potion they are and also prevents the server from having to add a whole potions prop model pack for something that will spend most of its time in the inventory. For a more in-depth crafting system, a scavenging system which works the same as mining but gives one of 6 possible items

Scavenging Items:
- Jar (Model: models/props_junk/glassjug01.mdl), Chance: 30%
- Scrap (Model: models/props_lab/box01a.mdl), Chance: 25%
- Sparker (Model: models/props_c17/TrapPropeller_Lever.mdl), Chance: 15%
- Broken Holocron (Model: ), Chance: 15%
- Skull (Model: models/Gibs/HGIBS.mdl), Chance: 15%

Damage Buff
Description: Grants the user a temporary damage bonus.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Skull
Model: models/props_junk/PopCan01a.mdl
Colour: 255, 0, 0
Tier 1: 25 dmg, 2 min
Tier 2: 50 dmg, 2 min 30 sec
Tier 3: 100 dmg, 3 min
Tier Upgrades: To upgrade Tiers, combine with another Skull.

Health Buff
Description: Grants the user a health bonus.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Sparker
Colour: 0, 255, 0
Tier 1: +200 HP
Tier 2: +350 HP
Tier 3: +500 HP
Tier Upgrades: To upgrade Tiers, combine with another Sparker.

Stamina Buff
Description: Grants the user a stamina bonus.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Broken Holocron
Colour: 0, 0, 255
Tier 1: +100 Stamina
Tier 2: +150 Stamina
Tier 3: +250 Stamina
Tier Upgrades: To upgrade Tiers, combine with another Broken Holocron.

XP Boost (Possible replacement for !boost)
Description: Grants the user a temporary XP boost.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Skull, Broken Holocron, Sparker
Colour: 214, 227, 127
Tier 1: 10%
Tier 2: 20%
Tier 3: 30%
Tier Upgrades: To upgrade Tiers, combine with another Skull, Broken Holocron and Sparker.

Fire Potion
Description: Grants the user garunteed fire elemental attacks.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Orange/Red crystal
Colour: 255, 106, 0
Tier 1: 2 Garunteed fire elemental attacks
Tier 2: 3 Garunteed fire elemental attacks
Tier 3: 4 Garunteed fire elemental attacks
Tier Upgrades: To Tier 2, combine with a corresponding rare cystal. To Tier 3 combine with with 3 corresponding rare crystals.

Ice Potion
Description: Grants the user garunteed ice elemental attacks.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Blue/Cyan/White crystal
Colour: 0, 255, 255
Tier 1: 2 Garunteed ice elemental attacks
Tier 2: 3 Garunteed ice elemental attacks
Tier 3: 4 Garunteed ice elemental attacks
Tier Upgrades: To Tier 2, combine with a corresponding rare cystal. To Tier 3 combine with with 3 corresponding rare crystals.

Poison Potion
Description: Grants the user garunteed poison elemental attacks.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Green/Light green crystal
Colour: 21, 112, 19
Tier 1: 2 Garunteed poison elemental attacks
Tier 2: 3 Garunteed poison elemental attacks
Tier 3: 4 Garunteed poison elemental attacks

Thunder Potion
Description: Grants the user garunteed electric elemental attacks.
Recipe: Jar, Scrap, Purple/Pink crystal
Colour: 159, 43, 237
Tier 1: 2 Garunteed electric elemental attacks
Tier 2: 3 Garunteed electric elemental attacks
Tier 3: 4 Garunteed electric elemental attacks

Last edited:

James

Genesis Rookie
Gold VIP
+1 seems like a well thought out idea that sounds good

Derpes

Rakel Supreme
Owner
Founder
@nepisyourhomie I have also had to fix tens of game and economy breaking exploits, help step in on subjects outside of the coding department, work a 56 hours a week job.

This is a great idea @Dion and I will note this down as something to work on, really like the idea and will most probably make a start tonight.
I have plans and drafted code for a completely rehauled skill system which will require crafting as an aspect so this will help also add to that.

nepisyourhomie

Genesis Rookie
Founder
@Derpes If only you would have had someone there to help whilst you and stone had to work on more coding related work. :unsure:

Suggestions are a big part of new content! So thanks for responding!