• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Denied Add shadow remover to the server

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautix

Gold VIP
Suggestion Title: Add shadow remover to the server
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): Ingame
A Brief Description:
Add (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1274272415&searchtext=remove+shadow) shadow remover, this will enable GM's and Staff to build better quality events that are more immersive for the player base. Currently in builds certain props can have the shadow on them and mess up the aesthetic of the entire build which in turn makes it less immersive for the players. With this tool we could fix the shadow issues we have and allow our builds to look how they are supposed to.
How it benefits the server:
Helps GM's produce higher quality events keeping players on the server and hopefully drawing more in
Coding or rules:
Coding?

Rex

Beyblade God
Staff member
Advisor
I'm fully onboard with this, I can't see any harm to adding it as it simply extends the abilities of our Gamemasters to make good and appealing builds for the server and I cannot see anyway this would harm performance of the server overall either.

EDIT: Turns out precision tool already has a shadow option (not sure if it works).

Nautix

Gold VIP
I'm fully onboard with this, I can't see any harm to adding it as it simply extends the abilities of our Gamemasters to make good and appealing builds for the server and I cannot see anyway this would harm performance of the server overall either.

EDIT: Turns out precision tool already has a shadow option (not sure if it works).
Sadly after performing a few test with the precision tool option It doesn't seem to do what we were looking for or anything at all from what we have seen.

Genesis

Trial-Moderator
Staff member
T-Moderator
+1
As Zelf said, its irritating when GMs are building things and shadows just randomly appear.

Denis

Sadly after performing a few test with the precision tool option It doesn't seem to do what we were looking for or anything at all from what we have seen.
The shadow tool (among others) was broken by recent Gmod updates.

Dogma

Gold VIP
denied as there is little to no reason to add this at the current time many other tools can be added before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.