• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

[ACCEPTED] MORE SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sim

Suggestion Title: it's in the title
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): IG
A Brief Description:
New Character progression system

Have people only max 1 character slot. BUT they can unlock the 2nd one for 1 mil or they can reach max level on their first character slot, same goes for third character slot for 2 mils or they can get max level on both character slots. VIPs get all slots unlocked automatically (whichever VIP has it). Once they got all 3 lives on a max level they will unlock the title "3 Lifes 0 Deaths" or something for getting all 3 lives on the max level.

All Non-VIPs can access the bounty hunter job BUT there will be a maximums capacity of 2 slots and unlimited slots for Gold VIP. When the F2P slots are full players will be in a queue, whenever one of the 2 bounty hunters leaves the server or changes job the next person in the queue gets a confirmation if he wants to join bounty hunter, if he is AFK (60-sec timer) it will automatically decline. There could be also a rule you cannot go AFK as a bounty hunter.

DAILY LOOT CRATES
This probably would be like in your BOD perspective disgusting but what if I would say this is a different type of loot crate, I mean you can make it like the same drop rate as bosses but what if you just have a new Artifact which is only obtainable through the daily rewards. This is what I got in mind, a crystal darker then Eye of the Sith and colder than Ancients Appreciation. basically literally blood from Oldschool games (138,3,3). This can make players want to join every day so they can have a chance on that item but little do they know you put the drop rate at 0.00000001%.

SHIP IDENTIFICATION
the name explains itself, you can't see who your allies are when you enter the ships so maybe the same circle thing below each character have like a sims 4 icon above the ships: red of Sith, blue of Jedi and yellow of bounty hunters

REPLACE TIMED EVENTS
I'm sorry Dan but the current system isn't gonna work either you could add loot drop crates from the loot drops or overhaul the current system. I've got a few ideas in mind like a supply pot where NPCs are spawned in and the Jedi/Sith with the most NPC kills gets the supplies (loot drop) or something similar, you're the definition of creativity derpes you will figure it out as the chosen one.

OBJECTIVES
Like a propaganda in your screen corner, like DC+ can put objectives for example raid on Korriban with additional notes like "kill the MOTO". When they will insert new objectives everyone in Sith gets a popup notification so they know they need to go to a loot drop or go to a certain planet for a conquest.
How it benefits the server: more content
Coding or rules:
coding

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
New Character progression system
Have people only max 1 character slot. BUT they can unlock the 2nd one for 1 mil or they can reach max level on their first character slot, same goes for third character slot for 2 mils or they can get max level on both character slots. VIPs get all slots unlocked automatically (whichever VIP has it). Once they got all 3 lives on a max level they will unlock the title "3 Lifes 0 Deaths" or something for getting all 3 lives on the max level.
I am all for this, I think it would add a better sense of progression in my opinion. The only thing that makes me think this won't work is the fact that in my opinion it's already too late for this to be implemented without any backlash. This would require completely deleting 1-2 characters from people in order to make it fair for everyone. Good idea, but I'm not entirely sure how well we could make this function.
Neutral

All Non-VIPs can access the bounty hunter job BUT there will be a maximums capacity of 2 slots and unlimited slots for Gold VIP. When the F2P slots are full players will be in a queue, whenever one of the 2 bounty hunters leaves the server or changes job the next person in the queue gets a confirmation if he wants to join bounty hunter, if he is AFK (60-sec timer) it will automatically decline. There could be also a rule you cannot go AFK as a bounty hunter.
Again, good idea, but becoming a bounty hunter right now is one of the main selling points of becoming a VIP, with this beinga dded the role would become useless and there would be nothing very special for those who donate to the server apart from really an XP boost (however this may change in the future).

DAILY LOOT CRATES
This probably would be like in your BOD perspective disgusting but what if I would say this is a different type of loot crate, I mean you can make it like the same drop rate as bosses but what if you just have a new Artifact which is only obtainable through the daily rewards. This is what I got in mind, a crystal darker then Eye of the Sith and colder than Ancients Appreciation. basically literally blood from Oldschool games (138,3,3). This can make players want to join every day so they can have a chance on that item but little do they know you put the drop rate at 0.00000001%.
Having daily bonuses would be a good idea. However, I don't think that they should be lootcrates per say and more small bonuses that you can get. Having special items that you can only obtain through this would also be very good as a reason to make you want to play every day.
+1

SHIP IDENTIFICATION
the name explains itself, you can't see who your allies are when you enter the ships so maybe the same circle thing below each character have like a sims 4 icon above the ships: red of Sith, blue of Jedi and yellow of bounty hunters
This just makes sense really. We have it on our players so it would be very useful to also have this implemented to those in ships so we know who to murder or not.
+1

REPLACE TIMED EVENTS
I'm sorry Dan but the current system isn't gonna work either you could add loot drop crates from the loot drops or overhaul the current system. I've got a few ideas in mind like a supply pot where NPCs are spawned in and the Jedi/Sith with the most NPC kills gets the supplies (loot drop) or something similar, you're the definition of creativity derpes you will figure it out as the chosen one.
In my opinion, the current timed events are pretty good. More of these however would be a very nice addition to the server to give the players more things to do during their time on the server.
+1

OBJECTIVES
Like a propaganda in your screen corner, like DC+ can put objectives for example raid on Korriban with additional notes like "kill the MOTO". When they will insert new objectives everyone in Sith gets a popup notification so they know they need to go to a loot drop or go to a certain planet for a conquest.
I think this would be a good idea so that people know what the higher up members of their faction are wanting them to do. This in my mind could work in some way like the DarkRP agenda system where the DC+ or JC+ could set them tasks that they need to achieve.
+1

Sim

I am all for this, I think it would add a better sense of progression in my opinion. The only thing that makes me think this won't work is the fact that in my opinion it's already too late for this to be implemented without any backlash. This would require completely deleting 1-2 characters from people in order to make it fair for everyone. Good idea, but I'm not entirely sure how well we could make this function.
Neutral
The current people who got already characters on their slots can keep it but just for the newer players they need to progress it, it's like Destiny 2 when they went over to Steam everyone got their data transferred and their light levels went to 700 but new players just gotta grind from level 0

Derpes

Chief Creative Director
Staff member
Chief Creative Director
Chief Executive Officer
I like the idea of daily lootcrate rewards, this could be merged with our current reward system that migrates with Steam and player activity, as it needed relooking at regardless as I believe you have also mentioned this to me very recently in a Discord message if I recall correctly.

If you have any additional timed event ideas, that can be certainly be put into place. As for redoing the rewards for current event types, this is something that would be mixed if coming from a wide level range basis, as many players participate to gain faster XP, but I agree that maybe a new additional way for item gain would be beneficial.

We actually had an agenda like system before I made the entirely custom gamemode, as beforehand we used an extremely dumbed down and optimized version of DarkRP. Agendas are definately doable for factions, or sub factions and I could see it helping massively within RP.

The ship identification wouldn't be too hard at all from what I can picture, as I would imagine it'd just be retrieving the pilot of a ship, then having an eyetrace to then show you the faction of whoever is pilotting the said ship.

Character progression would be very tricky as mentioned in an above reply, since it would cause backlash on players with multiple characters, and due to how large the character system is in terms of code, it would require a LOT of work to redo it just like that. I do see how it could be a great addition but I think we'd certainly need a more in-depth explanation as to how the progression would be unlocked and such to even consider it. But as I said, it's a little too late to go back and do that considering how we already have the existing VIP 3rd character slot and such too.

-

All in all, I don't have too much free time to spend developing but wherever I get it I try to whip up what I can based on suggestions, hence the upcoming auction system and other changes as an example. But I will take a few of these on board and allocate them accordingly to free time I have.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.