• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

[ACCEPTED] Bunch of suggestions for if we get a Dev

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sim

Suggestion Title: Bunch of suggestions for if we get a Dev
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In-Game
A Brief Description:
Central Bank

Basically each character has their own inventory (if you take Character A & B as example, A would have a Elite Hum in his inventory but if the person swaps to B he doesn't have anything in his inventory since it's stored in character A). If the character wants to transfer the items he can put it in the central bank where both characters has access to, the bank is pretty small with a few inventory slots (I.E. 18 slots) and can be expanded for 10k credits 9 more slots, 20k for 9 more, 50k for more, etc etc.
Auction House
If the player wants to sell his items with 0 risks of being scammed or put any effort he can go to the auction house with the merchant NPC, click E on it, then press on the item with the price he likes to sell and then enlist. But there will be a 5-10k fee on putting it on the auction house so people won't spam commons. There could be also possibly a time limit which players can choose for example 6 hours or even 7 days, if they want to remove the item before the limit they would have to pay a fine of 50k.
Family Names/Gang names
Players have access to family/gang NPC where they can make their own family name/gang and can create it for like 500k credits. The family name can be displayed on the scoreboard so you know not to mess with them 1572204603697.png
Trading Button
Basically, when you open your inventory and right-click on the item there's a trade button you can use which will list the players within a 10 meters radius and he can offer credits/saber parts for your item he wants to buy or reversed.
Leaderboard
There will be like a stone of knowledge or stone of fury for Sith, if you click E on it then it will list all various stats for example how many percentages of players has that title that joined the server or how many kills they ever had or whoever died the most. It can be cool comparison and goal for players that are into PvP and want to kill even more or players in PvE that want to kill more bosses or mine more crystals.
Level rewards
When levelling up you get more rewards, for example when you reach level 10 you get 10k credits, or when you reach level 55 you get an elite hum and when you reach level 124 you get 250k credits. This can encourage players to level up and have a reason to kill bosses 24/7.
Ships
remove the ships ability to shoot since it will lead to shooting bosses or players and if you want to shoot other players in ships, the problem is that you cannot know whether they are friendly or hostile. So either remove the ability to shoot or make like a green and red mark for hostiles and when they shoot players or bosses it will deal 0 damage but when they shoot other ships it will deal damage.
How it benefits the server: More content
Coding or rules: Coding

Last edited:

Dogma

Staff Manager
Staff member
i like acution, Trading and central bank the other 2 are meh but good thought put into them.

Sim

added new ship suggestion which has been players and staff members bothering a lot

BenH

Developer
Staff member
Just putting this out here as I know the system pretty well, if you have anymore slots in the bank then it will break and youll loose all your items in 1 go as its a gmod thing, I might be able to over come it with a second page system but yet again it would mean another data base with each player who has more slots.

With the auction house that is going to be intensive using SQL and Data .txt files and take up a lot of space which is why it wasn't done before, (It was the original idea to have it like that) BUT I have a system i'm working on using discord integration to read and write message on a locked discord which is going to act like a database, as there's not much of an limit through there.

Envious

Senior Administrator
Staff member
A central bank would be good, especially considering things like lightsabers cross over between characters anyway so why shoulddn't the other items?
+1

An auction house would be a brilliant addition if possible, it would really improve the trading on the server in my opinion.
+1

I do not however think that the "Family/Gang names should be added", the families are families for a reason and should be represented through character names.

A trading button could be useful in order to negate things like scamming occuring on the server.
+1

Leaderboards are just kind of there and just another bragging right for the select few on there.

Level rewards are already really there in the form of skill points and such, we don't need more.

Removing the ships weapons might aswell be done at this point, there's no air to air combat really occuring and these guns are just used to break the rules, whether intentionally or not.
+1

Tenno

Community Director
Staff member
Community Director
Hello there!

Thank you for your suggestion
After careful consideration, we have decided to put this suggestion on Pending, once we have a proper verdict, this post will be updated.

Pending
Thread Locked

Derpes

Chief Creative Director
Staff member
Chief Creative Director
Chief Executive Officer
I think trading and auctions can be merged into one addition since they would both do the same thing being essentially reducing scamming and such between players. I will look into making this as I go wherever time frees up.

There's 2 ways I can go about doing this, either having an external database/data file that allows offline players to have auctions live, so that they can receive their money once they join the server. The other way being only online players having access to their items being bought until and their offers being removed from the listings once they leave the server.

--

I have made a quick change for ships which (SHOULD) disallow the firing of bullets within ships unless you are currently looking at another ship. Meaning ships won't fire unless firing at another ship, preventing any ship combat that isn't ship on ship.

Last edited:

Derpes

Chief Creative Director
Staff member
Chief Creative Director
Chief Executive Officer
Regarding the whole trading suggestion, I have finished up an auction purchasing/trading/bidding system that should be released fairly soon and is in testing stages.

Thought I'd refer back to this suggestion as a bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.