• Hi There! Our new forums are not yet complete, so bare with us. We appreciate any reported issues!

Denied Automatic Server Restarts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL ABSTRACT SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Old player on Genesis, played 2019
Gold VIP
Suggestion Title: Auto Restart Script
Where the suggestion applies (In-game, TS3, Discord,etc.): In-game
A Brief Description: A script that restarts the server and follows a reboot schedule.
How it benefits the server: Make new players stay on the server if they join when the server has been up for 70+ hours. If I was a new player and joined a server and it was laggy I wouldn't stay long because I want smooth gameplay. But it depends from player to player.
Coding or rules: Coding

Cewru

Genesis Novice
Gold VIP
-1 Purely because of NA players and might be at worse times for GMT

Dion

Debate World Champion
Hey Chriss,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to create a suggestion for Genesis Servers, we appreciate this greatly.

After reviewing your suggestion and the replies to this thread, we’ve decided that it’s been Denied.

Here’s why:

• Restarting the server frequently affects people on at the time, the server's ranking in various server ranking databases including the Gmod one and also any events or RP happening at the time, for these reasons we leave it up to the discretion of the people on at the time if they want the server restarted or not.

Thanks again for making a suggestion.

Regards,
Dion

Status
Not open for further replies.